Thursday, May 22, 2008

Avoid Political Blow-ups at Memorial Day BBQs

Talking Politics at Memorial Day BBQs?

If you're like lots of people this weekend, you'll be talking politics at BBQs. But are you persuading your friends, family, coworkers and neighbors that your favorite candidate is the best choice or are you simply offending -- or even worse -- making political enemies? When you hear an opinion with which you disagree, instead of getting into a political argument, use one of these "escape lines" and avoid a blow-up:

1. "I have a different view of the situation."
2. "Let's agree to disagree."
3. “I don’t think this is the time or place to get into a political argument.”
4. "I think we more or less agree on the goals, it's our ways of getting there are different."
5. "Our views probably have more in common than you might think."
6. "I agree with some of what you say."
7. "My experience is different than what you describe."
8. "I'm not coming from the same place as you."
9. "I see your point."
10. "I don't agree with you, but I forgive you anyway."(with a smile)

Please write me your experiences or questions about discussing politics at parties this weekend.

-- Don Gabor

Please visit my website at www.dongabor.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

www.laguiadeguias.com/sambrano223/

Brayam_salome@yahoo.com brahim ben ketib. Owner of company marketing, services to companies in marketing in the world. Barcelona, Spain . ...
http://brahimbenketib.com

http://brahimbenketib.ws

http://brahimbenketib.es