Don’t be a Boor! Avoid these 10 Tactless Comments at
Now is the time to sharpen your conversational skills so you can mingle with poise and confidence at upcoming wedding receptions. It's easy to be good at small talk and avoid being a boor. Before you go to the wedding reception, take a minute and consider topics you are willing to discuss with the other guests. Keep them light, fun and upbeat! Of course, since you never know who you might be talking to, NEVER SAY:
1. "I hope this marriage lasts longer than his/her last one."
2. "If you ask me, they're making a big mistake."
3. "This will be the happiest day of their lives."
4. "His/her ex- was a lot better looking and had more money, too!"
5. "This food isn't as good as the food at the last wedding I went to."
6. "I hate cheap champagne. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers!"
7. "I bet this wedding and reception cost a bundle. How can they afford it?"
8. "I wonder if she is ... well you know ...."
9. "When it comes to choosing a spouse, he/she could have done better."
10. "No doubt about it — she/he married him/her for the money."
What are the most tactless things you’ve heard people say at a wedding reception?
For free conversation sheets, visit dongabor.com